how we run our workshops
Our workshops are project based student centred incursions all aligned to ACARA Digital Technology & State specific curriculums.
We come to your school, and fit into your school day (we even do after school classes). We bring all of our own robots, laptops and software (more than $20,000 worth in every workshop) allowing one robot and laptop for every two students, ensuring all kids are constantly engaged throughout the workshop. We also bring along work booklets perfectly suited for your student’s levels.
We maximise programming time with every student creating a minimum of 7 – 9 programs per day. Students who finish the program receive a Student Robotics Programmer Certificate. All workshops are focused on practical learning by demonstrating the application of robots in science and research, manufacturing, agriculture and mining.
Most of our current clients enjoy the continuum of Workshops 1-3. For example Year 5 may participate in workshops 1 & 2 then the following year as year 6’s workshop 3.
We are changing the face of student learning by closing the gender gap in STEM engagement, increasing student motivation to continue their learning and empowering educators with the right tools to deliver to the Australian curriculum. Did you know that:
- 90% of staff rate our workshops as exceeding their expectations
- 95% of our Principals, Heads of Curriculum and teaching staff would recommend our workshops to their colleagues at other schools
- 95% of our current clients rebook the following year.
- 75% of all girls from Kinder/prep to Year 6 surveyed said they would choose robotics if offered as an elective.
- 85 % of our students say our workshops are awesome
We have big plans and would be delighted for your school & students to be part of it. Enquire now about how we can make a real impact at your school.
- All activities are aligned to the Australian Curriculum
- No need to manage equipment; we provide all laptops and robots
- No buses to catch
- No lost time travelling
- No excursion forms to organise
- We provide risk management plans to make preparation easier for you
- Workshops can be used for Technology assessment in reporting.
- Assistance in setting up robotic programs in your school and with training of staff.
We cater to your school’s needs. Get in contact and let us know how we can help.
- Prior to the workshops we will email you student achievement charts.
- We will provide you with risk management plans
- We have 10 Million public liability insurance with certificate of currency
- All of our facilitators are registered teachers and have WWCC
All we need from you is access to a projector OR smartboard to connect our laptop in a computer lab or classroom and a parking spot as we have quite a bit of gear to transport.